Friday, February 26, 2010
sAWknif3S's First Day
Assalamualaikum and what a great day in our first innovation day with Chef Zaid!
Before the task given , we are gather to know the basic knowledge in innovation subject.Firstly in the first week in kitchen,we are told to make an practice to make angel cake by groups.
The ingredients of angel cake are:
1) Sugar 10 g
2) Cake Flour 15 g
3) Egg Whites 41 g
4) Sugar 32 g
5) Cream of tartar 0.6g
6) Salt 0.1g
During the experiment , we are taking our kitchen tools and we start with:
1) Firstly sift flour and first weight ( 10 g ) of sugar together and set aside .
2) Beat the egg whites together to the foamy stage , using an electric mixer.
3) Add the cream of tartar and salt.
4) We continue beating on the fastest mixer settings while gradually adding 32 g sugar.
5) Next steps, we fold in gently with 10 strokes bend over .Sift 1/4 of the flour - sugar mixture over the whites and fold in gently with 10 strokes , followed by the same process for the third addition.
6) Sift the final 1 / 4of the flour - sugar mixture over the foam and fold 20 strokes to completely blend the mixture.
( Making a total of 50 folding with the rubber spatula .
7) Gently push and weigh 99 g of the the batter into the pan.
Finally , Bake until the surface springs back when touched lightly with a finger ( 30 minutes ) .
RECORD THE BAKING TIME OK.!
For the 3rd procedure we need to verify the cream of tartar
1st test, No cream of tartar - prepare the basic formula, but omit the cream of tartar
2nd test, double cream of tartar - prepare the basic formula, but use double (1.2g) cream of tartar
Lastly for the final implementation, our 3rd procedure had shown a good result.
Our cream tartar in angel cake, 1stly in none process the baking time is 30min the value of cream is 80g. the exterior of the cake in colour are pale brown and the shape is uncooked. the texture of crumb are chewy and the tenderness when we chews is 8 times.
For the double process, the baking time is 30min and its volume are 80g. the exterior of the double tartar cream are in brown colour with uncooked shape. the texture of crumb are chewy. and we we chews 8 times for it tenderness
Conclusion and Recommendation
Salam and a good day for all follower especially our respectful Chef Zaid. Finally , we are in a garden of innovations. We are groups that want to catch knowledge to make us better and be better to sure success are on our hands . One of the knowledge that we are looking now are the culinary knowledge . We had a great time in this innovation class. The Lecturer are great.! and the students...! well all are cool...this is our first class in innovations , to make a superb cake..
The cake that we make are more to make a differences between the cake have cream of tartar or non cream inside the cake .
The result shown that with the cream of tartar, the cake seems delicious to chewy like sweets..
and the non cream , the cake seems usual. It best with the cream of tartar.
Well we taking about student from unitar..heh
We hope we can make the best and be the best in innovations for the next meeting. Insya-Allah.!
^-^ See you all ya..!